Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Week 4: Shadows and Light.


Morning Light, June 13, 2006

Week 4: Shadows and Light.

Ruth Bernhard is quoted as saying something to the effect that the best location for photographing is within 30 feet of your bed. As I woke up this morning with the new assignment at hand, I saw this about two feet of my bed. This week, I want you to search out shadow and light. I want you to use it abstractly.... to fill the frame, to get in close. I want you to pay attention to subtle detail, to revel in the minute. I'd like you to remember to do your best job of editing your images before posting... Take your time, adjust the light, crop if you need to.
Re-read the section in the syllabus about this week here. Follow the links to to the readings and images to view. Post your best work to your fotothing account and one or two examples to the blog. Let me help you with any technical issues you may still be having.... have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home